Ravi Maganbhai, aged 26, of Wembley, London, was jailed for two years for abusing his partner, which included a threat to strip her naked and leave her in the street.

He slapped, kicked and threw phones at a woman on multiple occasions, beginning on November 1, 2022.

But the attack on April 28, 2023, forced her to hide at a neighbour’s house and call the police.

On the day of the attack, Maganbhai returned to his partner of two years after drinking.

The pair soon began arguing about passport documentation, which he needed for a new construction job.

Harrow Crown Court heard he started swearing at her and insulting her in front of a teenager who was in the house.

Prosecutor Chloe Fairley said: “He got close to her and with his hands started to hit her on her elbow and cheeks with punches.

“He carried on doing this and she received pain.

“With great and heavy force he slapped and punched her face twice. He slapped her two to three times and she was extremely terrified.”

Maganbhai then threatened to “definitely kill her” on her way to work and warned her that if she went to police, he would kill her.

At some point, Maganbhai strangled his partner then said he would remove her clothes and make her stand naked in the street.

She eventually escaped and ran to a neighbour’s house where she called the police. Officers soon arrived and arrested Maganbhai.

In his interview, Maganbhai told police “yes maybe I have done something” but claimed he could not remember the detail.

Maganbhai was charged with counts of threats to kill, battery, and strangulation for the incident and a further count of battery for the multiple incidents prior.

He pleaded guilty to one count of battery on April 8, and to the other three charges on July 28.

Jeffrey Shine, defending, said Maganbhai was a man of good character, had shown remorse and cut down his alcohol intake to around two beers a day.

Mr Shine added: “He accepts his behaviour was appalling and it was due to drink.”

Judge Mr Recorder Nawbatt KC highlighted Maganbhai’s dangerousness, outlined by a pre-sentence report which said he had a high risk of reoffending in a new relationship.

Maganbhai was jailed for two years. He was also ordered to pay a £228 victim surcharge.