Adoctor who raped a woman and threatened to release a video of the attack has been struck off.

Vibhor Garg also threatened her with scissors.

Having already been jailed for 11 years, Garg was banned from working in medicine.

But he insisted he was not interested in the tribunal, stating he wanted to leave the UK “due to stressful personal events”.

Garg forced himself on the woman during a night out in Yorkshire while staying at the same address as her.

Pinning her down, the doctor threatened her with scissors, gagged her with tape and tried to tie her hands behind her back.

Garg was arrested the next day but was released on bail pending further inquiries after denying the attack.

Garg then began repeatedly contacting the victim, saying he would release a recording of the rape and commit suicide if she did not withdraw her allegation.

In September 2022, Garg was arrested in Bournemouth, charged and remanded.

He was jailed for 11 years in February 2023 after pleading guilty to rape, oral rape and perverting the course of justice.

The doctor has now been banned from working in medicine by the Medical Practitioners Tribunal Service panel.

The panel said his behaviour undermined the public’s and patients’ trust in the profession.

But Garg, who qualified from the University of Baroda in India, said in a letter to the panel:

“I am not interested in [the] outcome of the case as I will be deported out [of] the country at the end of my sentence.

“I no longer wish to stay and practice medicine in the UK, even if given the opportunity, due to stressful personal events… I do not wish to attend hearing.”

The tribunal cited the sentencing remarks of the judge, who told Garg:

“This was not a random, spur-of-the-moment incident.

“This was not you just looking at her and deciding, ‘I’m having my way’. This was far, far more than that.

“You grabbed hold of her. You then tried to bind her. You tried to stop her from being able to scream by taping her mouth.

“You tried to blindfold her, and then you raped her.”

“It’s difficult to see, from any point of view, how when a woman is crying and pleading for her mum, as [the victim] has graphically described in her statement to the court, how anyone can get pleasure under those circumstances but, you did, because you continued.”

The judge, who said “the selfish nature of all of [Garg’s] activities is utterly deplorable”, said the victim did not know if the attack was really filmed but “the fear of that is terrifying to her”.

Speaking after the sentencing, investigating officer PC Natasha Dawson praised Garg’s victim.

She said: “This was an extremely violent incident and distressing, and the bravery she has shown throughout has been commendable.”

A spokesperson for the Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, where Garg worked, said he was “absent from work when the trust was made aware of the allegations and never returned”.

They said: “The trust immediately reported Dr Garg to the GMC (General Medical Council) and he was subsequently dismissed in line with the trust’s disciplinary policy.”