Two men appeared before magistrates, charged with murdering Raju Modhwadia in a street stabbing.

Raju Modhwadia was found in Hamilton Street, Highfields, Leicester, with what police described as “significant stab wound injuries” on the morning of December 27, 2021.

Raju Modhwadia, also known as Kara Muru, was taken to hospital but died of his injuries shortly after.

The stabbing victim was pronounced dead at 1 am.

Following the news of his death, tributes and flowers appeared near to where Raju Modhwadia was stabbed – attached to a speed sign on the corner of Evington Road and Hamilton Street.

Bouquets have been left by or attached to the sign, as well as a couple of candles on the pavement.

Previously, Detective Inspector Nicole Main, from East Midlands Special Operations Unit, had said:

“While we continue to make progress in the investigation, we continue to need you, the public, to tell us what you know.

“Mr Modhwadia has lost his life and we remain determined to find the answers we need for his family.”

Since then, four people in total have been arrested in connection with the 41-year-old victim’s death and two have since been charged with murder.

Shadon Archer and Marcus Henry, both aged 32, appeared over two separate hearings at Leicester Magistrates’ Court on December 31, 2021.

Marcus Henry, of Mowmacre Hill, Leicester, appeared in person, dressed in a grey tracksuit.

He spoke only to give his name and date of birth and to confirm his address.

Prosecutor Peter Bettany told the magistrates that Marcus Henry faced a charge of murder, which was so serious it would have to be sent straight to Leicester Crown Court.

Peter Bettany said: “The matter can only be sent. There can be no application for bail. We have a date of January 4 at the Crown Court in Leicester.”

Marcus Henry was remanded back into custody to appear at the Crown Court on January 4, 2022.

In a separate hearing, Shadon Archer, of Frog Island, Leicester, appeared live by video link from Euston Street Police Station in Leicester, having recently tested positive for covid.

Shadon Archer was also remanded back into custody to have his hearing on January 4, 2022.

One other suspect, a 35-year-old Leicester man, remains in police custody and has not been charged.

He was arrested on December 28, 2021.

A 61-year-old Leicester woman who was arrested on December 29, 2021, on suspicion of assisting an offender has since been released under investigation.